Kitten and the Bear artisan jams, preserves and marmalades are made by completely hand, in small, limited batches at our atelier and tasting room at 1574 Queen Street West. We create 50 to 100 unique, seasonal flavours every year, using a wide array of fruits, including local, sustainably grown fruit whenever possible, as well as tropical, heirloom, and hybrid varieties. Made in the French confiture style, in traditional hand-hammered copper preserving pans, our preserves stand apart by their exquisite texture, interesting ingredients, and subtle balance of flavours.
Our Tasting Room
1574 Queen Street West
Wednesday thru Sunday, 10 am – 6 pm
Monday & Tuesday, closed
Our seasonal collections of preserves are available by the jar exclusively in our shop, alongside carefully curated vintage tea ware and loose leaf tea by Toronto-based Sloane Fine Tea Merchants.
As a canvas for our preserves, we offer fresh buttermilk scones made in-house & from scratch daily, Devonshire clotted cream, precisely steeped Sloane Fine Tea, and exceptionally roasted pour-over coffee by Toronto-based Pig Iron Coffee Roasters. All of our menu items are available either to stay, or for take-away.
Throwing your own tea party? We happily provide either full size or mini-scones by pre-order, as well as mini party favour sized jars of jam and mini tins of tea. Drop us a line by using the contact form below, give us a call, or stop by!
A couple notes before you visit:
- Because of high demand, we may sell out of scones at times. We bake at multiple points throughout the day to ensure hot-out-of-the-oven freshness. However, after 4:30 pm we turn our ovens off, and the remaining scones are available for first-come-first-served. Feel free to give us a call if you are on your way!
- If you are looking for 6 scones or more, we welcome pre-orders at a minimum of 1 hour before your requested time of pick-up.
- We do not take reservations, as our space is quite intimate and we have only one table for a party of 2, and one table for a maximum of 3. However, all of our menu items are available for take-away, or you are welcome to take a spin around our amazing neighborhood until a table becomes available.
- We accept cash and Canadian debit only, and unfortunately we do not have a customer washroom.
Our preserves are available at our confiture shop & tasting room at 1574 Queen Street West in Parkdale, Toronto, as well as these additional locations...
Junction Flea Market
on the cheese board at Geraldine Restaurant, 1564 Queen Street West, Toronto, www.geraldinetoronto.com
For all questions, comments, requests for special/international orders, catering, party favours, and food-service inquiries, you can reach us conveniently through our contact form or by email. We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
- Address: 1574 Queen Street West
- Phone: 647.926.9711
- Email: email@example.com
Kitten and the Bear 2013 © All Rights Reserved