Kitten and the Bear artisan jams, preserves and marmalades are made by completely hand, in small, limited batches at our atelier and tea room at 1574 Queen Street West. We create 50 to 100 unique, seasonal flavours every year, using a wide array of fruits, including local, sustainably grown fruit whenever possible, as well as tropical, heirloom, and hybrid varieties. Made in the French confiture style, in traditional hand-hammered copper preserving pans, our preserves stand apart by their exquisite texture, interesting ingredients, and subtle balance of flavours.
Kitten & the Bear Confiturier & Cafe
1574 Queen Street West
Tuesday thru Sunday, 9 am – 6 pm
At our jam shop & cafe, we offer fresh buttermilk scones made in-house & from scratch daily, Devonshire clotted cream, exceptionally roasted pour-over coffee by Toronto-based Pig Iron Coffee Roasters, and precisely steeped tea to accompany our preserves. Come visit us for a quick take-away Scone Sandwich with your choice of jam and butter, or have a seat and experience our signature Jam & Scone Tasting.
We also offer our jam in jars, of course, as well as a carefully curated selection of teas by Sloane Fine Tea Merchants for you to take home and enjoy.
A couple notes before you visit:
- Because of high demand, we may sell out of scones at times. We bake at multiple points throughout the day to ensure hot-out-of-the-oven freshness. However, after 4 pm we can no longer guarantee that we will have scones available. Feel free to give us a call if you are on your way!
- We do not take reservations, as our space is quite intimate and we have only 5 seats total. However, all of our menu items are available for take-away, or you are welcome to take a spin around our amazing neighborhood until a table becomes available.
- We accept cash and Canadian debit only, and unfortunately we do not have a customer washroom.
Our products are available at our confiture shop & cafe at 1574 Queen Street West in Parkdale, Toronto, as well as these additional locations...
For all questions, comments, requests for special/international orders, and wholesale inquiries, you can reach us conveniently through our contact form or by email. We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
- Address: 1574 Queen Street West
- Phone: 647.926.9711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitten and the Bear 2013 © All Rights Reserved