Kitten and the Bear artisan jams, preserves and marmalades are made by completely hand, in small, limited batches at our atelier and tasting room at 1574 Queen Street West. We create 50 to 100 unique, seasonal flavours every year, using a wide array of fruits, including local, sustainably grown fruit whenever possible, as well as tropical, heirloom, and hybrid varieties. Made in the French confiture style, in traditional hand-hammered copper preserving pans, our preserves stand apart by their exquisite texture, interesting ingredients, and subtle balance of flavours.
Our Tasting Room
1574 Queen Street West
Wednesday thru Sunday, 10 am – 6 pm
Monday & Tuesday, closed
Our seasonal collections of preserves are available by the jar exclusively in our shop, alongside carefully curated vintage tea ware and loose leaf tea by Toronto-based Sloane Fine Tea Merchants.
As a canvas for our preserves, we offer fresh buttermilk scones made in-house & from scratch daily, Devonshire clotted cream, precisely steeped Sloane Fine Tea, and exceptionally roasted pour-over coffee by Toronto-based Pig Iron Coffee Roasters. All of our menu items are available either to stay, or for take-away.
Throwing your own tea party? We happily provide either full size or mini-scones by pre-order, as well as mini party favour sized jars of jam and mini tins of tea. Drop us a line by using the contact form below, give us a call, or stop by!
A couple of notes before you visit:
– Because of high demand, we may sell out of scones at times. We bake at multiple points throughout the day to ensure hot-out-of-the-oven freshness. However, after 4:00 pm we turn our ovens off, and the remaining scones are available for first-come-first-served. Feel free to give us a call if you are on your way! On Sundays in particular, because it is the end of our production week, we close early when we sell out of scones. If you are planning on visiting us on a Sunday afternoon, we highly recommend that you give us a call.
– We do not take reservations, as our space is quite intimate and we have only one table for a party of 2, and one table for a maximum of 3. However, all of our menu items are available for take-away, or you are welcome to take a spin around our amazing neighborhood until a table becomes available.
– We accept cash and Canadian debit only, and unfortunately we do not have a customer washroom.
– To place an order, please contact us at 647.926.9711 during regular business hours.
– We accept pre-orders of 6 large/12 mini scones or more, at least 24 hours before your requested time of pick up. Day-of orders are welcomed, however are subject to availability. Please note, pre-ordered scones are for take-out ONLY.
– Your order will be held for a 1 hour window after your requested pick up time. After that, they are released to our tasting room. If you are running late, simply give us a call and we will happily hold your order until you arrive.
Our preserves are available at our confiture shop & tasting room at 1574 Queen Street West in Parkdale, Toronto, as well as these additional locations...
Buck 15 Espresso
served at their toast bar atop artisan bread from Boulangerie Hof Kelsten and Boulangerie Guillame with butter from Societe Orignal, 3027 Rue Notre Dame Ouest, Montreal, www.buck15espressobar.com
tucked inside flakey house-made pop tarts and other seasonal baked goodies, 859 College Street, Toronto, www.bakeshoppeto.com
our only retail partner, Maisonette carries a seasonally changing line of our preserves in exclusive flavours, 12 Tank House Lane, Distillery District, Toronto, www.maisonettedistillery.ca
on the cheese board at Boxcar Social, 1208 Yonge Street, Toronto, www.boxcarsocial.ca
alongside coffee and brunch at The Scullery bakery & cafe, 200 Carlton Street, Toronto, www.thescullery.ca
on the fois gras at Geraldine Restaurant, 1564 Queen Street West, Toronto, www.geraldinetoronto.com
For all questions, comments, requests for special/international orders, catering, party favours, and food-service inquiries, you can reach us conveniently through our contact form or by email. We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
- Address: 1574 Queen Street West
- Phone: 647.926.9711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitten and the Bear 2013 © All Rights Reserved